Despite the down economy, multifamily firms are still looking to fill executive-level positions. In this post, we’re highlighting two different openings. One is the VP of Asset Management for a large New York-based REIT, and the other is the national Pricing and Revenue Director at Archstone, based out of either their Washington, DC or Denver office.
If you know someone who would appreciate knowing about either of these positions, please send them to this page: http://abrupt-fire.flywheelsites.com.
Boost your skills to improve your career at the AIM Conference. It’s no secret that firms hiring during recessions often end up with better qualified hires because they’re pulling from a larger pool of eligible candidates. One good way ensure that you stand out from the crowd is to keep your skills and knowledge on the cutting edge. The AIM Conference is designed to give multifamily executives high quality education on the newest techniques, products and trends for improved Internet marketing and online operations. This year’s AIM Conference will be held in Denver, CO from April 29 – May 1, 2009 and features real case studies, tested techniques, hands-on training sessions, and presentations from Internet pioneers from outside the multifamily industry.
Don’t miss it. Last year’s AIM Conference sold out completely: REGISTER NOW
Send us your executive job postings. If your firm is looking to fill an executive-level position in marketing, operations, pricing, IT or asset management, send us the listing and we’ll help you spread the word. Please email relevant job listing to email@example.com.
Vice President of Asset Management (for large New York-based real estate firm)
Company: Dawn Taylor Associates (recruiting firm)
Location: New York, NY
- Update, review and recommend the approval of budgets with senior partners and business plans in conjunction with respective joint venture partners.
- Provide oversight of the day-to-day property and maintenance management; to include revenue management, sales, communications programs and customer service satisfaction.
- Implement and develop short, intermediate and long-term market positioning strategies to optimize portfolio value.
- Provide weekly reports regarding finance, management, operation and maintenance of properties including progress on construction and/or capital improvements.
- Review monthly financial reports (i.e. year-to-date performance, budget versus actual, year-over-year performance).
- Provide revenue enhancement and cost reduction guidance.
- 5+ years asset management experience
- Bachelor of Arts/Science
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; MRI experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and client management skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple complex projects
- Ability to review and analyze financial reports
- Must be detail oriented and analytical
Please send resumes directly to Michael Kinsler at Michael@dawntaylor.com.
Pricing & Revenue Director at Archstone
Location: Washington, DC or Denver, CO
Summary: Responsible for all business and technical processes related to maximizing revenue from Archstone communities such as pricing, resident screening criteria and other areas that affect demand management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Identifies and resolves pricing and revenue management issues.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for assistance from community managers, operations managers, VPs and executive level managers.
- Provides expertise on Lease Rent Options (LRO) forecast and pricing model.
- Acts as change agent to drive new ideas/policies throughout the Company.
- Conducts training sessions, formal and informal, to increase the Company’s use and competence with essential pricing and demand management software (e.g. LRO software, SafeRent, etc).
- Suggests and implements proof of concept solutions for innovative business intelligence/decision support reporting; provides enhancements to essential pricing and demand management software and any other processes to improve revenue performance.
- Monitors key performance indicators and suggests corrective actions to Operations.
- Conducts quarterly reviews with Operations management.
- Coordinates activities with IT to move from proof-of-concept to “productized” solutions.
- Functions as subject matter expert on SafeRent and other demand-related processes and software.
- Handles other pricing and demand management-related tasks as assigned by GVP, Pricing and Revenue Management
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and five years experience in pricing and revenue management or related field and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of key revenue management principles.
- Working knowledge with both business processes and IT/software processes.
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel and Access skills.
- Intermediate LRO skills preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Oracle, SQL or similar software.